If you’re looking to step up your Wix website and hopefully grow your business, then Google Analytics is a great tool to use to be able to track your visitors to your site and find out their browsing habits so you can improve your site and tailor your content or products towards your target demographic.
Integrating Google Analytics into your Wix site will allow you to track where your visitors are from, what sort of keywords they use to search and find your website, and also how long they’re spending on your site before exiting.
Google Analytics is one of the easiest ways to improve the digital marketing of your business and find out what you need to work on in order to boost the presence and encourage the growth of your business or site, whether that be maximizing your social media strategy through continuous campaigns or putting some extra time into figuring out PPC.
If you’re unsure of how to implement Google Analytics into your Wix site then you’re in the right place as we’ll be guiding you through the process step by step so you can get started.
Quick Guide to Implementing Google Analytics into Your Wix Site
Finding your Google Analytics Tracking ID
- Go to Google Analytics and sign in to your account or register if you don’t have one
- Then click on the Admin tab on the left-hand side of the dashboard and then click on create property
- Enter a property name into the box, this could be your website name or the URL
- Click on show advanced options and then slide the blue toggle to activate create a universal analytics property
- Then enter in your website URL (the website you want to track) including the www at the beginning
- Select the option ‘create a universal property only’ and press the next button
- Fill out all of the business information and then select the create button
- The next screen should display your Google Analytics Tracking ID and will be in the format similar to ‘UA-987654321-0’
- Copy this code as you’ll need it later on
Add your Google Analytics Tracking ID to Your Wix Site
- Log into Wix and go to your Wix Dashboard
- To the right of the Dashboard button, select Marketing Integrations
- Go to Google Analytics and select the Connect button underneath
- Go to the top right corner and click the Connect Google Analytics button
- Paste in your Google Analytics Tracking ID making sure there is no excess spaces before the code begins
- Click the IP Anonymization box to prevent Google from saving your visitor’s IP addresses
- Click the save button
Voila! You’re done. You’ve successfully added the Google Analytics tool to your Wix site. It should take a few days for everything to settle before you begin to see some data appear on your Google Analytics dashboard so don’t be alarmed if you don’t see anything straight away.
Once you see some statistics appearing in your GA Dashboard, you’ll be able to optimize your site to attract more visitors and hopefully decrease the current bounce rate.
How Google Analytics Can Help Your Wix Site
If you’re not sure how to effectively use Google Analytics to improve your Wix site, here are a few tips below to get you started:
- Google Analytics will show you what pages on your site are getting the most traffic, so you’ll be able to alter and enhance your content. For example, if you run a technology website and an article recommending the best cell phones currently on the market is no longer doing very well, then maybe you need to update your content as the products may not be outdated.
- You’ll be able to see the bounce rate of your site so you know where to adjust certain pages. Maybe your home page or landing page is super extensive and full of loads of text, most people don’t want to spend ages reading and prefer something visual that’ll grab their attention and let them know what your site is all about straight away.
- If you’ve been spending some time and money implementing social media ads to boost traffic to your website, then you’ll be able to see the click-through rate for these ads across all your social platforms so you can see where they’re most effective and what needs to be improved on.
- Google Analytics will show you the visitors to your site are from. If you have a site that recommends products targeted to a US audience, then you’ll want to ensure that the majority of your visitors are from the US otherwise other visitors from other parts of the world may be unable to find and purchase these US products.
Important Note: You’ll only be able to add Google Analytics to your Wix site if you have a connected domain